| grunt gallery | #116-350 E. 2nd Ave | Vancouver, BC | V5T 4R8 | grunt.ca |
Position Title: Communications Director
Location: grunt gallery
Reporting to: Program Director
Hours: 32 hours per week; some evening and weekend work; flexible schedule
Start date: Tuesday, October 20, 2015
General Description of the Position:
The Communications Director is responsible for all communications with the grunt community, the marketing of grunt programs and the coordination of fundraising. The Communications Director reports directly to the Program Director and is responsible for creating and managing marketing initiatives such as newsletters, advertisements, social media, web 2.0 and press releases, as well as working with grunt staff to coordinate, research, develop and implement various fundraising initiatives. The CD oversees the production of brochures catalogues and other publications for the society, including the annual report. The CD is also responsible for coordinating exhibition openings with other staff and board, website management and updates, and basic customer service while at the gallery.
Marketing Collaboration Commitment Communication Flexibility Creativity
Computer Skills Resourcefulness Reliability
• Promoting programming through press releases, mass emails, website, social media, web 2.0 and newsletters;
• Participation in and support of various committees and project groups as required;
• Working with the Program Director to get a good understanding of program requirements for marketing and communications;
• Coordinating, researching, developing and implementing various fundraising and donor cultivation initiatives;
• Coordinating and hosting exhibition openings;
• Website management and updates;
• Volunteer coordination and supervision;
• Assisting with customer service;
• Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Education:
• Excellent understanding of artist-run centres;
• Post-secondary education in an arts related program is an asset;
• Previous experience (work or volunteer) with arts organizations;
• Advanced writing skills and an ability to develop marketing around programming and fundraising;
• Fundraising and donor cultivation experience is highly recommended;
• Working knowledge of Web 2.0/ Social Media, e.g. Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, MailChimp, WordPress and GiftWorks, an asset;
• Strong time management skills;
• Strong technical skills;
• Resourceful, hands-on and pro-active.
Other Job Requirements:
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, committed to quality and able to work independently, with minimal supervision;
• Outgoing, social and comfortable with public speaking;
• Ability to work flexible hours.
Business Ethics and the Workplace:
• The Communications Director must promote and set the example for ensuring a friendly, courteous, respectful and professional workplace;
• The Communications Director must act in accordance with the grunt Workplace Relationship Policy, which prohibits the acceptance of gifts, loans or anything of value from any individuals with whom contact is had during the course of employment.
Formed in 1984, grunt Gallery has built a reputation on innovative and cutting edge programs, exhibitions, performances, artist talks, publications and special projects that showcase current and past work by contemporary Canadian and international artists. We focus on work that would otherwise not be seen in Vancouver and are proud of our ability to act as an intersection between various cultural groups based on aesthetics, medium or identity. We consider our programming as a work in progress that is always changing and is always interesting.
grunt gallery offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a flexible work schedule, opportunities for education and development, and a very comfortable, creative, harmonious and positive work environment.
PDF Download: grunt Communications Director ad Sept15-15
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter by email to Meagan Kus at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Monday, September 28th at 5:00pm
grunt is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.